Human Resources / Payroll Administrator
Contribute to all aspects of the Human Resources department including HRIS, Benefits, Payroll, Staffing, reporting and process improvement. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Inputs new hire information and employee changes (compensation, employee status changes, terminations, etc) into HRIS accurately and in a timely manner
- Manage and update information on the the HRIS Portal.
- Lead process associated with roll out of new features in the HRIS. Periodically audit HRIS to ensure accuracy of data and reporting
- Assist with process improvement utilizing the HRIS to streamline work and processes including employee and manager self service
- Set up annual open enrollment process in HRIS to enable employee self service
- Run, Audit, and Correct Paid Time Off (PTO) accruals. Report PTO to Finance as required.
- Ensure all new hires and terminated employees are appropriately recorded in each benefit vendor system
- Coordinate and audit interface files with carrier connection feeds.
- Act as primary contact for benefits vendors ensuring accurate information and resolving problems, including monitoring external COBRA vendor
- Process monthly benefits invoices ensuring date integrity with HR system. Research and resolve problems with invoices or data.
- Produce accurate and timely census reports for annual benefits contract renewals
- Track follow-up items (e.g. evidence of insurability forms) for open enrollment and new hires.
- Answer employee question on benefits.
- Monitor unemployment sites for each state and process unemployment claims in a timely fashion.
- Participate in annual benefits review and coordination of benefits communication
- Responsible for timely, accurate processing of payroll each pay period. Monitor timesheet completion, manager approval, PTO requests, and answer questions.
- Ensure compliance with Government regulations and maintain business controls and audit trails.
- Provide timely and accurate reports to Accounting and Finance team as required including information required for General Ledger
- Ensure end of year information is correct prior to W-2’s being processed
- Provide information for and participate in annual audits (401k, workers’ compensation, year end financial audits, etc.)
- Process manual checks as required ensuring integrity of information, maintaining accurate records of checks and account balance, and confirming data is entered into payroll system accurately.
- Work with payroll vendor to set up new states in payroll system as required.
- Partner with HR team mates to post open positions on job boards, Mevion intranet, and Mevion Website. Maintain accurate information on all job boards.
- Ensure that job postings match job descriptions released in business management system.
- May interview and check references for external candidates
- Participate in new employee orientation and on-boarding
- Provide timely and accurate metrics and data as required for HR, Executives, Finance and Accounting (i.e. monthly headcount reports, turnover, org charts) This includes designing standard and ad hoc reports using the HRIS, Excel or other tools.
- Assist with designing variable bonus program spreadsheets and annual salary compensation review spreadsheets
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of HR/Payroll experience using and maintaining integrated HR/payroll systems (preferably ADP Workforce Now) Experience processing payroll and coordinating year-end reporting. Experience administering various employee benefit programs
- Expertise in HR and payroll reporting including design and creation of reports via HR/payroll systems and spreadsheets
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, with ability to use Excel pivots tables and v-lookup
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Detail and process oriented, analytical nature, results oriented
- Excellent people /communication/customer service skills. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
- Team player with high level of initiative who is flexible and willing to assist others
- Strong enthusiasm, drive, and a desire to learn
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple priorities, with willingness and flexibility to work overtime as required.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org